My twin boys and I have been trialing the Bioderma Atoderm range for over a month now. Both boys being eczema sufferers were the perfect candidates to put this product to the test. And myself, suffering from the general dry/dehydrated skin that comes with age and winter am always keen to find an effective and non-greasy product. And this one ticks the boxes.
Spoiler alert!… We love the range!
Our skin – being the body’s protective layer – is our first line of defense against many stressors and is therefore exposed and can be compromised by so many various factors. This entire range has been formulated with that in mind and not only treats but restores and strengthen the skin barrier, leaving it healthy and more resilient.
The products we tested were as follows:
Atoderm Intensive Gel Moussant: ultra-soothing foaming gel:
I love a foaming cleanser, especially for dirty little boys, but it’s not very often that I’m able to find a good foaming cleanser that doesn’t irritate the bejesus out of my sons’ eczema, this one is one of very few.
The product has no scent and lathers up really nicely getting rid of dirt while causing absolutely no irritation at all.
The boys loved using it!
This is definitely a cleanser worth investing in if you suffer from very dry, sensitive or atopic skin.
What they say (The Science):
- Formulated with purifying agents and Vitamin PP, Atoderm Intensive Gel Moussant combats the proliferation of micro-organisms, irritants that aggravate cutaneous dryness.
- Atoderm Intensive Gel Moussant gently cleanses and soothes sensations of discomfort and irritation and helps biologically strengthen the skin barrier.
Atoderm Intensive Baume: ultra-soothing balm:
This is a beautifully moisturising balm which doesn’t leave the skin feeling greasy or sticky but rather supple and adequately moisturised.
One of my biggest issues with eczema is getting the boys to consistently moisturise, it’s normally such a schlep to get them to be consistent as they cannot stand the feeling of the greasy film leftover by most products but with the intensive baume, there was no hassle and after their initial apprehension they were sold. No wingeing or whining! Win! Win!
Luke, my youngest, at the time of starting this trial, had a severe eczema flare up on his arm and after just 3 applications the flare up subsided and his skin was right back to normal, with no signs of irritation.
What they say (The Science):
- Atoderm Intensive Baume quickly stops itching and reduces the urge to scratch thanks to its anti-itching dermatological active ingredient PEA.
- Enriched with soothing and purifying agents, it instantly soothes irritation.
- Atoderm Intensive Baume restores the skin barrier for a lasting effect thanks to its exclusive Lipigenium™ complex made up of biolipids that are naturally present in the epidermis.
- Its patented Skin Barrier Therapy™ limits adhesion and proliferation of staphylococcus aureus on the one hand and penetration of allergens on the other, both being factors in aggravating dryness.
- Soothes itchy & irritated skin, biologically rebuilds a healthy skin barrier, restores skin comfort and limits reoccurrence.
Atoderm SOS Spray: anti-itching ultra-soothing spray
What an exciting and inovative product, a spray that stops itching in its tracks while soothing and moisturising, a game changer for everyone, especially eczema sufferers.
I spray it on any and every itch, whether it be from my clothing or irritation from jewelry to when my son has an eczema scratch frenzy. It can be used on the face or body as often as needed and is suitable for the most sensitive of skins from babies to adults.
I love this spray and actually went out and bought the little one (50ml) for my bag.
What they say:
Bioderma Atoderm SOS spray is a safe and effective solution formulated to relieve itching immediately and in the long term, all while moisturising the skin!
To develop Bioderma Atoderm SOS spray, Laboratoire Dermatologique Bioderma, came up with the Skin Relieftechnology, an exclusive complex of Ambora and Green tea polyphenols. Its action curbs the biological process of itching by treating its causes. It is combined with Enoxolone, a soothing dermatological agent
- Atoderm SOS Spray benefits from new scientific discovery: 2 new biological targets were identified as causing itching for skin prone to atopy or psoriasis. This care also acts on other biological pathways for a global action on either frequent or temporary itching.
- The new Skin Relief technology (containing Ambora and Green tea extracts) combined with the renowned soothing dermatological active ingredient Enoxolone blocks the biological process responsible for itching right from the start and directly targets each of involved pathways.
- The Skin Barrier Therapy™ patent protects even the driest skin from the bacteria that causes itching to intensify.
- Lastly, Vitamin PP and Squalane supplement the formula in order to supply lipids required to strengthen the skin barrier.
- The patented natural D.A.F. (Dermatological Advanced Formula) complex raises the skin’s tolerance threshold.
- The skin is immediately soothed and the urge to scratch is reduced for a lasting effect, for immediate comfort, long-lasting hydration and intensive protection.
All products are paraben-free, fragrance free and hypoallergenic.
To wrap it up:
We loved using these products and they will most definitely form part of our ongoing routine.
If you have any questions or have used something that you felt was amazing, please ask or share in the comments below, I’d love to hear from you.
Till next time xoxo
P.S. These products bar the SOS 50ml spray were gifted.